Monday, February 10, 2014

A KISS for Valentines Day

February 2014
Sheree McKee
sewfabsew.blogspot.com

Recently, I was involved in a swap over at PostCardMailArt - titled "One Word".  Since Valentines Day was just around the corner, I decided to stick with a heart felt theme.

Here are a few of my "kiss" postcards being sent to other members of this swap group.

I'm not sure you can see it well in these pictures, but I layered some glitter tulle over my base fabric before appliquéing the letters.  I also tossed a few metallic threads under the glitter illusion.

The perfect button were these little red lips!  My first edge stitches were a bit weak looking, so I did some bobbin work on the third postcard.  I like it better because it stands out.

I love holiday fabric postcards and I love to decorate around the house with them.  Right now I have a  windowsill full of Valentine postcards, each one a labor of love, made by my swapping friends!

Happy Heart Day to you!

ShereeSews in M!ch!gan
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~





No comments:

Post a Comment