Friday, February 14, 2014

Made it this morning

February 2014
Sheree McKee
sewfabsew.blogspot.com

Sometimes I just feel like sewing.  I got up early and headed down to my sewing studio.  It was Valentines Day and I was in the mood to play with something pretty or some pink and red fabrics.  Sewing can lift my spirits!

                                                                                      
A little bit of hankie, lace, and rick rack by ShereeSews
I owed a swap member, M.L.C. a postcard made from recycled linens, lace, or doilies.  The one she sent to me was very beautiful.  It had lace from an old dress bodice and lots of tiny, detailed hand embroidery and the tiniest of yellow seed beads.

It took me a few hours of play.  This is what I ended up with.  This postcard actually has the rick-rack sandwiched between two layers of Peltex.  It is real firm and will withstand a mailing to Canada. 

by Mary Lou Curry 2014
ShereeSews in Michigan

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment