Tags to Sew for Fun or Travel
Fabric Tags are similar to fabric postcards. They have a firm interior to give them body and durability, and they are sewn and embellished with beautiful fabrics, fibers and trims. Our 2015 swap group, PostCardMailArt on Yahoo,
has recently began swapping tags each month.
TAGS vs. POSTCARDS:
- They might be shaped more elaborate than a rectangle.
- Tags contain a tie-on-cord, often laced through a metal grommet, or buttonhole slit.
- They might contain a clear window or pocket to hold identification.
- Sizes can vary smaller, since they are not being directly mailed as a postcard.
- A tag can be foldable like a small booklet.
- Use them as a gift tag, or travel tag.
- They are still fun to sew and trade!
|Top Clockwise: Sue Balchak in CA, Norma Soulet in FL,|
Dottie Kirkwood in FL, Maureen Curlewis in AUS
|State themed tag swap by Sheree McKee|
|Front and Back views|
|Lots of embellishment cords!|
|Clear pocket for business cards|
|Gift tag holds tea bags|